Oasys, a game-optimized blockchain, is proud to co-host an online hackathon with Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Singapore in collaboration with event partners Ubisoft, ChainGuardians, Adventure Gold DAO and AAG.
With a total prize pool of 42,000 USD, the “GameWave Genesis” hackathon focuses on Web3 game development and innovation to empower game developers through education, sponsorship, and dedicated support to build more games on Oasys.
The GameWave Genesis hackathon is an important step in making Web3 gaming mainstream by adopting current trends like interoperability, seamless integration of NFTs and in-game components, and creating autonomous worlds. By creating an environment where developers find the support to build and deploy on Oasys and its Layer2 consisting of multiple Verses, GameWave Genesis creates a bridge between traditional gaming and the Web3 space.
GameWave Genesis will take place at Ethereum Singapore 2023 and TOKEN2049, Asia’s premier crypto conference, reaching a broader audience and providing opportunities for more gaming professionals who want to learn about Oasys and its applications in the gaming industry.
“Since its inception, Oasys has empowered developers worldwide to innovate. We know developers face unique challenges to make their games Web3-ready and interoperable in the blockchain age,” said Daiki Moriyama, Director of Oasys. “We want to call out to our fast-growing developer network to rally around making a difference in a dynamic and innovative space. We are grateful to partners, sponsors and participants who join us in building the future of gaming.”
Running from August 18th to September 13th, the online hackathon will provide a platform for innovative and promising projects, allowing developers to showcase their skills, collaborate with like-minded professionals, and learn about the transformative potential of Oasys and Web3 gaming principles in AMA sessions. They will also have the chance to meet Oasys and Verses team members and representatives of global tech and game giants to jointly develop ideas, products and Web3 games.
The 3 top products will receive 30,000 USD (in USDT) for the Oasys prize split between First (15,000 USD), Second (10,000 USD) and Third (5,000 USD) Place. Participants will also receive 30,000 USD AWS Credits, some Ubisoft Perks and assistance to deploy projects on Oasys or connected Verses. Additional prizes from Oasys’ sponsors are also available across several distinct categories.
Applications for the hackathon are open via the Dorahacks website. Participants can join channels to team up with builders and get more information from the Oasys team.
Schedule and Prize Structure
- Aug 22 (Tue) 7pm SGT: AMA
- Sep 5 (Tue): Submission Deadline
- Sep 8 (Fri): Finalist Announcement
- Sep 13 (Wed): Demo Day (Hybrid) at AWS Office, 23 Church St, #08-01, Singapore 049481
Builders can pick a theme and should submit the product by Sep 5. Each sponsor will select the winner from the submissions. Additionally, Oasys and AWS will pick the top 3 prizes among all submitted products. Finalists will compete for a number of exciting prizes.
- Advertisement -
- Oasys and AWS Prize: 30,000 USD (in USDT) for the Oasys prize and 30,000 USD AWS Credits for the AWS prize
- 1st place: Oasys prize 15,000 USD/ AWS prize 10,000 USD credits
- 2nd place: Oasys prize 10,000 USD/ AWS prize 10,000 USD credits
- 3rd place: Oasys prize 5,000 USD/ AWS prize 10,000 USD credits
- Ubisoft Prize: 3,000 USD
Theme: Interoperability around Champions Tactics or a tool helping for interoperability between Web3 games
- ChainGuardians Prize: 3,000 USD
- Products demonstrating a creative or educational use case of OASYS L2 blockchain.
- Products considering the interoperability of the creator’s NFTs and/or other potential existing NFT collections on Oasys.
- AAG Prize 3,000 USD
Theme: Utilize TomoOne NFT as a pivotal game element. *Increase utilities for TomoOne NFT by creating casual/mini games for 10k+ TomoOne active users to play and keep their Tomo happy
- Adventure Gold DAO Prize: 3,000 USD
Theme: Create an Autonomous World or a Dapp for it on Loot Chain
*Applicants can submit the same product to more than one theme if it is a match.
Panel of Judges
The distinguished panel of judges will include Dominic Jang from Oasys and representatives from AWS and each sponsor, bringing expertise and insight.
– Dominic Jang, Head of Business Development, Oasys
– Stacey-Ann Pearson, Head of Web3 for APAC, Amazon Web Services
– Keisuke Hata, General Manager of Blockchain Entertainment Business Division, Square Enix
– Didier Genevois, Web3 technical and product Director, Ubisoft
– Idon Liu, NFT Professor, ChainGuardians
– Jack Vinijtrongjit, Co-Founder & CEO of AAG
– Birchnut, Core Contributor of Adventure Gold DAO
- A Demo and/or presentation materials are acceptable if the product is compatible with the Oasys chain.
- Products that are already under development are also acceptable.
- Sand-Verse is available as a test environment if developers want to deploy on it.
The GameWave Genesis Hackathon will actively seek talented and enthusiastic developers to sponsor their next big gaming project on Oasys. Projects will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Compatibility with Oasys
- Gameplay and User Experience (Engagement) for Game Products
- Contribution to UX Improvement for Non-Game Products
- Creativity and Concept Originality
- Demo Availability
- Team Stability
- Business Viability
How to Register for the GameWave Genesis Hackathon
Developers are invited to join Oasys’ Telegram group and Discord channel for updates on the registration process and hackathon schedule. Registration details and information about the hackathon and Oasys ecosystem can be found on our blog and Dorahacks.
The GameWave Genesis Hackathon, co-hosted by Oasys and AWS, marks an important milestone in the brand’s ambition to encourage innovation, education, and collaboration in the gaming and blockchain industries. GameWave Genesis aims to pave the way for innovative game models that appeal to a global community of traditional players, empowering game developers and teams, promoting idea exchange, and creating a more dynamic and inclusive Web3 gaming space.
Oasys is a blockchain-based game development platform that offers a highly scalable Layer 1 hub and specialized Layer 2 using Ethereum’s Layer 2 scaling solution. The ecosystem provides game developers with a secure and scalable blockchain infrastructure for creating more efficient, secure, and interoperable games. Among Oasys’ validators are leaders in gaming and Web3, such as SEGA, Ubisoft, and Yield Guild Games, who act as initial validators in our Proof-of-Stake (PoS) based blockchain. Oasys’ expert blockchain team, combined with the biggest names in gaming, is revolutionizing the gaming industry.
Oasys solves the challenges that game developers face when building blockchain-based games by focusing on creating an ecosystem for gamers and developers to distribute and develop games. The company’s trifecta approach includes a fast network powered by the gaming community, a scalable network powered by AAA game developers, and a blockchain that provides the best user experience with fast transactions and zero gas fees. This approach prepares participants to enter the Oasys and play.
More information on Oasys is available at: